1. They raved about Bare Minerals new BB called “Complexion Rescue” which improves hydration by 25% in one week. Not out yet.
2. Break sugar addiction by taking 1,000 milligrams of the amino acid glutamine every 3-4 hours for two weeks (Dr. Frank Lipman, author of “New Health Rules”)
3. Living Proof has a new $500 product that promised to “smooth and reshape” under eye area; put it on, wait three hours and get flawless, no-bags skin. Temporary, of course.
4. Gillette has a new razor for women based on the same rollerball technology as the Dyson vacuum; no more nicked-knees. Gillette Venus Swirl.
5. New second-generation at-home laser devices have FDA clearance to penetrate deep below the skin’s surface to stimulate collagen. They also come with a serious new price tag; around 700.00 for a device.
6. There’s a weird new device for getting beachy-waves: it’s this cylindrical plastic tube with a sort of corkscrew thing inside that you attach to your dryer. You slip a chunk of hair into it and it twists into “perfectly imperfect spirals.” (I think I’ll pass on this one!) Forstyler.com
7. For $30 bucks there’s a salon that will send you a custom hair color kit after you send them a picture and fill out a questionnaire. Includes access to a voice-activated app that talks you through the process of applying color. Madison-Reed.com
8. To get even color with nude-hued nail polish, paint on two coats, then apply a coat of ridge-filling base coat and follow with a slick of shiny topcoat. 4 coats total.
9. Calculate how much water you need to drink daily by multiplying your weight by .67. Add 12 ounces for every 1/2-hour of exercise.
10. The Elsa side-braid is over. Let it go.